Firewall in VIPRE Antivirus Premium 4.0

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cruchot, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

Whats your opinion about the firewall in VIPRE Antivirus Premium 4.0?
    The firewall additionally includes an IDS and HIPS module.
    Is it a state-of-the-art, robust and protecting firewall, or maybe like with the one in G DATA (excellent AV product but useless firewall).

Thanks for comments.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

Yeah, know this thread but could not find any concrete statements about the firewall effectivity and so on.

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Whats not concrete about it simply doesnt work? It fails to filter, if it doesnt fail to filter it fails to allow trusted apps which is another form of failing to filter properly. If it doesnt do that it causes BSODs and the company as a whole keeps giving end users the run around about testing.

5. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

I experienced no problems with the firewall/HIPS in VIPRE Premium.
    It's probably not the best, but it's probably not the worst either.

Again?
    Really??
    Stating your opinion is one thing, but completely trashing at every opportunity is another.

6. whitedragon551

If they dont want to get trashed then they can do things right.

7. m0unds

m0unds Guest

dude, you should really cut it out. it doesn't work for *you*. it works for me, on 7 different machines, it works on clients' machines who have it installed, it works for plenty of other people. it doesn't work for some, but that's the nature of *EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT ON THE MARKET* - no one solution will work for everyone.

cruchot: like i said in the other thread, if you want to check it out, download the trial. see if you like it. form your own opinion of the product. if it works for you, great, if it doesn't, report the bug/issues to sunbelt support on their forums and see if they can help you out. if not, move on to something else. it's much easier to just try software yourself and see if it works in your application than to rely on the opinions of people who don't necessarily have the same goals, applications, etc that you do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  8. whitedragon551

:rolleyes:

It also fails on plenty more people and judging from their forums it doesnt work for the majority. Not really sure who you think you are telling me what to do, but more power to you.

9. fax

fax Registered Member

If you judge a product from their support forum you will basically trash 100% of the products out there.... :rolleyes:

10. whitedragon551

Not true either. The smart vendors have an appreciation and praise forum.

11. fax

fax Registered Member

Of course those sections, by definition, will not contain problems. Simply not a good place to assess a product whichever angle you look at it ;)

12. osip

osip Registered Member

Just want to know: Is it still impossible to block specific ip:s/adresses with the fw ? That was the reason why I ditched it in spite of 1 year reg.

13. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i was suggesting that you stop threadcrapping. i never told you what to do. :rolleyes:

also, if a product's support forums are indicative of how well it performs for 100% of its installed base (as you're implying) then i can tell you that kaspersky, symantec/norton, comodo, emsisoft and many others also suck. well, unless they have a praise forum i guess.

back on-topic:
    @osip: you still can't block IP addresses. it's a silly feature exclusion, but it's probably something they'll invariably end up adding in a point release. although, that probably doesn't help you now :)

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Originally helped the good folks at Sunbelt during the Beta phase of developing Vipre Premium...and when it went release candidate phase for some reason I experienced malfunctions...such as it took way too long to boot up...and disconnecting itself from internet connectivity...and the Hips feature and Active Protection also periodically malfunctioned...and compared to some competitors actual full system scans or as Vipre calls it a Deep Scan...took over an hour and a half. Now having stated my reasons for not using Vipre...I have nothing but good things to say about Sunbelt's Pre and Post Sales Customer Support Division. And being one of the new kids on the block...we can all appreciate the fact it takes time and patience and bags of cash to develop a product. I agree something must be done regarding further improvements in developing a more stable and user friendly firewall. If that improves I most certainly will migrate back to using Vipre Premium and Sunbelt in a heartbeat. Time and Patience...Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.