firewall help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by thepunisher, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepunisher

thepunisher Registered Member

Looking for a good firewall, malware product to go on a laptop I use in the office that I can control 100 percent aside from I have to leave SOPHOS av on it.

I am not sure what to look for. any ideas would be APPRECIATED!!

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have tried literally all of them, including ones that you have never heard of and will have a very hard time finding.

My advice would be to try some out. You will certainly find a long list in this forum. I personally believe that the right firewall is the one that you can understand and find it's user interface meeting your level of logic. Many firewalls are good products, but if you either don't understand them or just plain hate the interface, what good is it?

If you have access to vmWare or some other virtualization or rollback software, you could install different ones and play with them without worry of borking your OS.

Sul.

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Ill just keep on recommending the following 3 wich all includes advanced HIPS: Online Armor, Privatefirewall and Comodo

For malware: MBAM, SAS, Trojan Remover or Prevx

For av's: tons of threads

4. gery

gery Registered Member

ZA Firewall is e very good one. It has a very strong protection and is compatible with every other Av software
    MBAM SAS
    Antivirus ? i am sure everyone will say AVIRA and i am not against it but Avast is a more complete av and a very solid protection . Rising is another one,easy and light

5. thepunisher

thepunisher Registered Member

Hi,
    Thx what is MBAM SAS ?

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

7. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

If you got the ZA Pro firewall via promotion, use it. Else use Comodo Firewall, I think they are the only ones you can use for free and for commercial purposes.

8. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

2 very popululair anti malware solutions to be run alongside your anti virus and intercepting that type of malware that is either not detected or removed by av's in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.