Firewall for win7?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dregg Heda, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I am looking for a simple free firewall for win 7. It should have both inbound and outbound control, SPI, and offer different profiles for wireless connections. A HIPS is not necessary, and I dont want Comodo as ive heard it attempts to dial home at every oppurtunity.

2. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

Online Armor, Outpost or PC Tools ...or you can just tweak windows 7 firewall to have outgoing protection (that's what I am using atm).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  3. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Win7 seems a bit complicated and you need to pay for the firewall control to enable outbound protection.

EDIT: Do these firewalls work under an LUA? Oh and Online Armor doesnt have full SPI.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  4. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

actually windows 7 is built in to have outbound control .. it's just that it is deactivated by default ... follow this tut to activate outbound control on windows 7 firewall https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=239750. I believe all these free firewall would work on LUA.

5. lubieplacki

lubieplacki Registered Member

Outpost is my favorite. Always u can use Online Armor, this is a good software too, and maybe PC Tools.

6. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

After last matusec results i would use comodo firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.