Firewall-Cannot Load Proxy Server Error

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by KaneComputing, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

Hi all,

Am testing ESS Beta on 2 machines so far. On my desktop so far its been flawless.

Installation on my laptop went smoothly (no reboot!) but when ESS loaded I got an error message on the main status screen "Firewall is enabled but proxy server could not be started. Application protocol checking will not function."

I've attached a screenshot.

Cheers,

David

Attached Files:

2. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

A quicky to confirm I have the same issue after installing using both default and custom methods. I'm using a secondary Win2K SP4 using dialup.

3. GaryRW

GaryRW Registered Member

After much effort, I finally used LSPFix.exe to delete an old Wingate dll and WinsockXPFix.exe to reset the Winsock stack. ESS installed flawlessly and works!

Unfortunately I now get a BSOD Stop Error after a period of use. It points to a DRIVER_IRQL..... error with the wanarp.sys driver. This is "MS Remote Access and Routing ARP Driver" Debugging this now; any insight would be appreciated.

4. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

I have additional information on this problem.

I did some experimentation and found that when I uninstalled PC Tool's Spyware Doctor (v5) I was then able to install ESS and it installed without the Load Proxy Server error.

I then reinstalled Spyware Doctor. This went normally. But when I rebooted the computer I received a BSOD (STOP 0x0A IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL).

This continued until I went into Safe Mode and uninstalled Spyware Doctor. BSOD went away and did not return.

I have reported this to ESET directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.