Firewall can not be activated

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by gery, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

I had ESS installed on a XP machine and uninstalled it . After two or three days i tried to install it again and i get a message that the firewall isn't working or installed properly . I have tried to fix it with the repair tool and a fix tool from ESET but nothing works. For no i have uninstalled . Can anyone give me a suggestion .

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

3. gery

gery Registered Member

i used the tool but it does not work. I reverted the computer to a previous date but still the same. I give up
    :thumbd: :thumbd:

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I noticed in your signature that you are running Malwarebytes Antimalware PRO (MBAM PRO). If you uninstall this, does the firewall work correctly?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. gery

gery Registered Member

no it does not

6. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey gery

Just a thought, but could it be an idea to generate an error log by following the guidance from this link:ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus installation problems (how to generate an error log) My thought was, that you reinstall eset again, while you log the installation, then reproduce the error with your firewall to the point were your gets the message that the firewall isn't working or installed properly,then end logging and send the log to eset.

Regards, Janus :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.