Firewall blocks internet

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by xxJackxx, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have been using v4 since the beta and haven't had any problems previous to today. Now all of a sudden the firewall is blocking all internet traffic. If I disable it I can access the internet and if I enable it traffic is blocked again. Fortunately I didn't get caught in the recent false positives, but this is really starting to make me worry about the quality of this product. :(

Edit: I see there are other threads with similar issues, but since they were older and this just started for me today I wasn't sure if it was a separate issue do to a bad update or not. In any case I have reverted to using the AV only for now, if not long term. I am assuming due to the lack of response it may just be the same issue others are having.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Our problems are the same as yours, there - at the moment - is no fix from Eset, However, in a post, a member said he got word from ESET that they are working on a fix.

3. Bell1

Bell1 Registered Member

It looks like this problem is a lurker. I've been running it since beta without a problem on both a mine and my wife's machines. Suddenly today, I lost my internet and immediately knew what it was from the threads here. To be on the safe side, I uninstalled V4 on the wife's machine also. Both are now running V3 and will continue to do so until a fix is known.

4. NefCanuck

NefCanuck Registered Member

Interesting as I just installed ESET SS v4 today on two Vista 64 machines (desktop - Ultimate, laptop - Home Premium) and no issues other than the laptop install just dying and me having to restart it (It installed the second time with no issues) both had v3 on them beforehand, one was removed using Windows Uninstall and the other went through CCleaner...

Maybe I avoided a bad update that butchered things for you?

NefCanuck

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

That was what I wondered and the reason I started this thread in the first place. I had zero issues before 2 days ago. They've had a bad couple of weeks. I hope they get it figured out and fixed quickly.

6. Bell1

Bell1 Registered Member

I very well could have been an update that did it. It was running perfectly all that time and suddenly died. I see no sense though running an antivirus and not being able to update it so like I said, I'll continue with ver 3. After all, it was the performance of older versions that made me switch to NOD 32 to start with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.