So on the 12th of August ESET updated itself and then suddenly blocked my internet from working, at first I thought it was the modem or router so I reset those, twice, my internet connection showed as connected, I went through default Windows 7 troubleshooting and no problem was detected, I did a ping test and it worked fine, but skype, vuze, steam, chrome and firefox all fail to connect. I tried adding rules for those programs but no luck, I tried learning mode but it only seemed to allow outgoing data. Only disabling the firewall is an option at this time. It all worked fine before the 12th, I was even using chrome and skype as it changed settings which is why I thought the internet went down. I closed and re-opened ESET, that didn't help. I've added the programs to the protocol filtering exclusions list. Added custom rules for those programs. Disabled rules blocking things with no applications assigned. Only disabling it seems to work, the virus scanner works fine.