firewall blocking windows update

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by person_1, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person_1

person_1 Registered Member

I was wondering how to return the firewall rules back to default so i am not stuck with windows update not working??

2. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

I would try puting the firewall in interactive mode first so it will prompt you for everything.. see if that fixes the issue. I had a similar problem with NTP and that means I could not sync the time...I cloned the default rule and added non-trusted zone and now everything is working.

After making any changes to your firewall, you can always go here and test for security...

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

3. person_1

the firewall was in interactive mode because i liked controlling things but a few days ago i noticed windows update hadn't pestered me in a while so i reverted back to automatic filtering and that seemed to fix the problem..

4. person_1

^bump^

5. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

I had the issue a few minutes ago with mine in interactive mode as well. It gave an error that tied directly to being blocked by a firewall. I did not get a log or window to allow the traffic so I just scanned for updates again and things are now working... have been for the last few update scans after installing MS programs....

6. person_1

^bump^ again pls help

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you fill in the integrated customer care support request form and submit it so that we know what rules you have created? In the description field enclose the url to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.