Firewall blocking VPN connection.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JasonN, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonN

JasonN Registered Member

I am very new to this VPN thing and I have tried to search the forums but it did not like 3 letter words. Anyways, I am connecting through a VPN from a Windows Vista laptop to a Windows XP box at my house. I can connect perfectly fine when I turn off the firewall, but when it is on it's a no go. So, I would like to know if any of you guys could point me in the right direction of configuring the firewall for this purpose. Thanks.

2. gladius

gladius Registered Member

hi, have you tried switching the ESET Smart Security firewall into interactive mode, running the VPN and allowing access to the items that you are prompted to allow?

-AJ

3. JasonN

JasonN Registered Member

I have tried what you have suggested, but ESS did not prompt me for any type of request for a rule approval. Is it possible that a rule already exists for VPN, and if so how can I edit it or remove it so that I can re-establish a rule for it? If worst comes to worst and I cannot get it working, I can successfully establish a connection with just the RDC which is what the point of the VPN was for, to make it simpler. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.