firejail breach? Or just a missuse case?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by amarildojr, Feb 27, 2016.

1. amarildojr

amarildojr Registered Member

I have two Firefox'es that I use: One is with:

* firejail firefox

and the other with:

* firejail --private firefox -no-remote

Today I noticed that I could see my normal /home through the second firefox, and this isn't supposed to happen.

I recorded a video so you can see. I can't upload it to Youtube because I use the "private" firefox for Youtube, but I uploaded it to sendspace instead. It's only 13 MB. https://www.sendspace.com/file/zrjep9

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Assuming you are using latest v0.9.38, where do you get the "-no-remote" option from?? I don't see it anywhere in either man firejail or typing firejail --help.

EDIT

I just now see it's a firefox command line option. Well the -no-remote option does open a new firefox process that's invisible to the first, thus opening separate profiles, so maybe that's the issue?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. amarildojr

I'm not sure. I mean, they were supposed to be completely separate from each other, as it did happen in the past. But being able to view my real /home while using the "--private" option indicates either a misuse from my end or a very serious bug in firejail.

4. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Yeah, I don't know what to say, having no experience with command line options in Firefox, especially when combined with firejail.

5. inka

inka Registered Member

6. amarildojr