Firefox's extensions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jan 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi :) i have afew extensions for firefox, but i dont know how to see which ones i have installed. if i click tools>extensions, i get the window below. i thought there should be a scrolling bar at the side so i can scroll down to see the others, is that what you have? if not, how do i see them? thanks :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Try adding a few more. I have eleven and the scrolling bar is there. How many have you installed?

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Ice, that must be all you have.....the scroll bar is there if you make the box smaller.....is on mine anyway.
    Buck

4. bigbuck

with...

Attached Files:

5. bigbuck

without...

Attached Files:

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i do have more, if you look at the scareenshot above you can see the start of it/them. and look at this screenshot too :(

Attached Files:

7. bigbuck

Funny?? Could it be a glitch with that theme you are using...tried going back to the one of the xp default themes??

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i did say i dont use firefox themes, but i downloaded afew the other day :eek: this is a FF theme. i'll try changing it. i like this theme best, so far, so im not sure what to think, if it is the FF theme, i suppose i can always change back when i know which extensions i have. thanks for the idea :) i'll try it now.

9. bigbuck

Oh..I thought the black box must've been one of those Windows themes that you use....looked similar to some of your desktops?

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you were right, i changed the theme, and now the extension's window has a scrolling bar. thanks for the help :)

i know i probably shouldnt bring this up, but do you know what the farkit extension is?, im not sure what it is, so far all i can come up with is an easier way of quoting on a clothes forum. i thought it was an easier way to quote any where. but it looks like it might be a women's clothes shop :eek: :D . maybe i'll go and order something :cool:

Attached Files:

11. bigbuck

I don't know what that extension is......But I'm pretty sure that I know what it's title represents!!!! Two words!!.....Second word "it"!!!

12. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it's the GrayModern theme. im useing the Lure one now. but, the pinball one by the same person who does gray modern looks good too. i just had alook at the pinball one and i don think it's compatible with my version of FF :(

13. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i might dump that one :D . but, i think, i might go and take alook at some more extensions, when i was getting them the other day i stopped when i was half way through. have you tried forecastfox and foxy tunes? forecastfox tells you your whether forecast where you live, and foxy tunes will let you control your media player from your browser. i mentioned those two firstly, because they're good. but, also i can take a screenshot of them easily - below

Attached Files:

14. bigbuck

I'll check 'em out....Thanks Ice. I'm just always fairly careful about adding a lot of extensions/themes, I've found quite a few clashes.
    Cheers,
    Buck.

15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ive had no problems with all the ones ive got. maybe they're more stable now with this release? and i always thought that once they're uninstalled any conflict will be resolved too, so there arent any lasting problems?

as this thread is called firefox extensions, and the problem is resolved, can people say which extensions are thier favourite?

i like -
    • user agent switcher
    • dictionary search
    • advanced search button
    • foxytunes
    • Gcache
    i have got afew more that i havent tried yet too, and im only half-way through the extension's list.
    the link for firefox extensions is https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    and if you click on All Extensions - top of the left Column you get the whole list :)

16. firefoxguy

firefoxguy Guest

I've run as many as 70 extensions in one profile without any major problems.

My most stable profile runs 35 extensions.

As long as you exercise some common sense in terms of not trying to install extensions with very similar functions most of the time you will be fine.

That is correct. If any extension causes firefox to lock up. Restart firefox with -safe-mode , this will disable all the extensions allowing you to start firefox. Then uninstall the problematic extensions.

17. cabletow

cabletow Registered Member

Forecast fox is the extension I have had most trouble with
    Causes memost leak and slows FF launch initially but all the others work fine

18. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.