Firefox Settings

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TomAZ, Jan 22, 2016.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

What are your recommendations for the best Firefox PERFORMANCE settings -- particularly in the 'Privacy' and 'Security' tabs.

My FF seems to be a little slow and sluggish, especially when navigating from url link to another -- I spend much more time than I'd like just waiting to connect. Very honestly, I'm not sure whether or not it's really a Settings issue or something else going on, but thought I'd start here.

2. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

What I've done, fwiw...

Privacy-> Tracking

clear checkbox:
    • Request that sites not track you

Security-> General

clear checkboxes:
    • Block reported attack sites
    • Block reported web forgeries
    I run firefox under Linux Firejail sandbox using uBlockO add-on, so I feel no need for the security options. As for requesting not to track, I think sites are largely ignoring these requests so it seems mostly useless.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Have you considered using pale moon which has all the privacy and security settings preconfigured upon install.

4. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Use this extension, you'll be able to tweak privacy settings from the about:config page using an interface.
    Use this one as well, in case you're not using it already.

5. haakon

haakon Registered Member

It's because you're running FF 3 in XP on a 1.6GHz Celeron, 2GB RAM, a 80GB PATA hard drive and 512 bits/s broadband.

Pale Moon was the go-to Mozilla browser until Cyberfox came along. But either one will address performance as Firefox has none.

For whatever Mozilla browser you're using, this is the rockin' extension to test/tweak on-the-fly whatever about:config stuff works best for you:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-settings/
    Edit: Joxx beat me to it. :thumb:

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Joxx, haakon, thanks both of you, this one have slipped under my radar for some reason. Looks really useful and simple to use. Must try it out :thumb:

7. adnan123321

adnan123321 Registered Member