Firefox protection disabled ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by CelticFrost, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelticFrost

CelticFrost Registered Member

I am still geting spyware when I run a test for them and have noticed that on my SpywareBlaster is says under Mozzila/Firefox that protection is enabled but is says that 0 items have protection disabled while IE has 813 items have protection disabled and Restricted sited have 1176. I have gone into Mozilla/Firefox and have everything checked and have selected the Protect against checked items and it still says the same thing. Am I doing something wrong or is this right showing of what its says? Im kinda clueless on this. Im running WinXp. Thank you for any help or suggestions on what to do or get to help in advance.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello CelticFrost....Welcome to Wilders,

If you open Spywareblaster and click on the Mozilla\Firefox tab in the top right of the program you should see that all items have check marks next to them which means you are fully protected and the "0 items have protection disabled" confirms this.

As for the IE and Restricted Site numbers you are showing....that is signifying a number of the items are un-checked and if you clicked on the IE or Restricted Sites tab you will probably see certain items un-checked and in red.

With those numbers you are showing above....I'm wondering if you also use Spybot Search and Destroy....in particular it's immunization feature ?

Bubba

3. CelticFrost

Thanks for the reply Bubba. Ok so should I go ahead and check all the items in red? Which Im sure your gonna say yes because lot of em are dialer platforms. And no Im not using Spybot Search and Destroy or any other type of prog for this issue.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you desire ALL protection just select Enable All Protection down in the Quick Tasks section instead of having to re-select one by one the un-checked ones in red. After applying ALL protection you should now see 0 items have protection disabled for all protection features.

If after closing the program and re-opening certain items are again un-selected....We will then have to determine which other program you are using is dis-abling the protection or preventing the protection from being applied.

Bubba

5. CelticFrost

Ok I checked everything in red in all options, looks likes all well. 0 items have protection disabled in IE, Restricted sites and Mozzilla/Firefox.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think we need to address this issue as well. Why u are getting spyware? Why not make a new thread in appropriate forum section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.