Firefox problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ailric, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ailric

Ailric Guest

With the recent talk about how great Firefox is I decided to install Firefox once again and give another real good go. My system was clean of any previous installations. Here are some of the problems I encountered in ONE day:

1. Firefox preloader continually froze, so I removed it.

2. Firefox would not finish a page that was already downloaded. It would continually act like the page was loading.

3. Could not go from an uncompleted page to my home page or just plain stop it's progress. The page would just stop. I would have to shut down Firefox and restart it.

4. My personal bar bookmarks dissapeared.

5. I am unable to browse. It is now completly frozen. (screenshot)

Has anyone had similar problems?

Attached Files:

• ff.jpg
      ff.jpg
      File size:
      38.2 KB
      Views:
  2. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

No problem here.
    John

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you delete the Mozilla folder in documents and settings before reinstalling?

If you imported your bookmarks before uninstalling, they will be available if you export them to a folder before you uninstall.

Can you browse in the safe mode (for Firefox), available on the start menu? Starting in the safe mode disables extensions you may have installed.

I've never had this problem including all the beta versions.

4. Ailric

Ailric Guest

"Did you delete the Mozilla folder in documents and settings before reinstalling?"

Yes. I also used Total Uninstall.

"Can you browse in the safe mode (for Firefox), available on the start menu? Starting in the safe mode disables extensions you may have installed."

No I cannot. I tried that first. No luck. Same as screenshot.

I guess I'll have to re-install or delete Firefox.

UPDATE: I re-installed and am giving FF one more chance. I'm keeping the extensions to a minimum and am not using Mozilla Optimizer (this may be the cause of some of my problems). So far, so good...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2005
  5. RONIN

RONIN Guest

Firefox preloader isn't official is it?

The screenshot you attached is almost certainly a result of a corrupted profile and if safe mode doesnt work , you should have just created a new profile rather than reinstalling firefox, but i guess you can't argue with what works.

BTW, firefox and mozilla suite probably doesnt really touch the registry much so previous installs are almost never the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.