FireFox - Problematic Extensions and how to fix them

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Capp, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Story

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i found a link which had the first link mentioned in your post as well as acouple others. i followed what it said and firefox is now faster then any other browser i've seen, even with all the extensions i have (26). now, when i click a link which opens a new tab, the page has always finished loading be the time i open the tab. it's so fast i've stopped using opera.

3. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Would you mind being more specific as to what you did (exactly) to improve the speed of FF?

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

it's a secret :D

ok, all i did was this - follow EVERYTHING on this page - (all i had to do was replace adblock plus with adblock)
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

then followed what it says about the browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers at number 2 on this page.
    http://www.chrisbrunner.com/2006/06/11/fixing-the-firefox-memory-leak/

most pages load in under a second now. i'll make a screencast if anyone wants to see. if the page is a slow link then it still takes some time, but 90% of links are very, very fast. i don't cache anything either.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

actually, i made a mistake, i just tried opera and it's got alot faster too. i'm not sure what's happened, but everything has just started loading really, really, really fast :eek: firefox does seem very slightly faster though.

i just started using proxomitron again, maybe it's caching stuff??, or maybe it's to do with opendns, my ISP made some network changes in the last day or so too. i don't know what it is that made everything fast, my connection speed hasn't changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.