Firefox Portable doing my head in

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tradetime, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Hi, anybody use this app? Am having a real problem with it. The distructions to copying your profile from an older version to this one make no sense, since the older version I have does not conform to the directory descriptions. As if that wasn't enough the new version has profile(s) all over the place, how many profile(s) folders does one browser need. I have copied my profile into every damned instance of a profile folder I can find and it still loads with no idea that they are there, any help appreciated.

2. Basic

Basic Registered Member

3. raakii

raakii Registered Member

There are just two files in profile folder that determine the bookmark and addons , it is places.sqlite and extension folder .Easiest would copy and replace them.

copy the places.sqlite file and keep it safely.In case u want to get back to the old bookmarks after clean installation or in case of unnecessary changes made to bookmarks, u can paste and replace the existing places.sqlite file in data/profile folder to get back ur bookmarks.

Look for profile inside DATA folder

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Sorry for late reply, and thanx for your replies. Afraid this thread should carry a dumbass warning :oops: (the dumbass obviously being me) the problem, as someone has pointed out to me is that I have been trying to update not from one version of a program to a newer version, but rather from one version of a program to a newer version of a different program. Had confused these two.
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

http://mobilefirefox.com/

Doh!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.