Firefox not Loading URLs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bamaman66, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have firefox 3.6.8 on two computers and I have suddenly started having problems loading URLs. I can click on a URL and the indicator that shows the page is loading will continue to spin but the page will not complete the loading. I do not know of anything I have done that could be causing this problem.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Gee, that's exactly what Chrome was doing with my bookmarks and, sometimes, links as well. I have no idea what caused it there, nor in Firefox. As said though, I would definitely start with a clean profile.

4. bamaman66

I disabled the addons but the problem continued. I then uninstalled firefox using revo uninstaller. I then reinstalled firefox and everything seems to be working.

5. bamaman66

I spoke to soon. I am stille having problems with firefox loading. I downloaded google chrome and I am having the same problem with it.

6. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

7. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Or it could be temporary problems with your ISP, i wouldn't start deleting stuff too soon if i were you, perhaps after a router reboot everything is back fine and dandy.

8. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

If it's doing it on both computers and they both use the the same ISP, then the ISP is the first thing I would suspect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.