Firefox Moox question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, i'm going to install a Firefox Moox build, and i wanted to ask if i have to uninstall the version i have now (1.0.3.) or can they both be installed at the same time? thanks

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

3. nadirah

bump ........

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

OK got it thanks nadirah, the second link you gave had what i needed. it was just about what i was going to do, i had made a back of C:\Documents and Settings\iceni\Application Data\Mozilla and i was going to uninstall the version i have now. so i'm going to uninstall FF reboot, install Moox, then work on a new profile. i really hope Moox will be stable for me :doubt: thanks again :)

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Moox is faster and more stable for me than the normal FF builds :)

6. Kibitzer

Kibitzer Guest

Hi;)
    Does it now run weel again with the SUN's JRE ?
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
    Previous FF versions hanged when trying to open a Java applet :( :(
    Thanks

7. SSK

SSK Registered Member

For me it does, but then again I never had Java problems with MOOX release builds.

8. Kibitzer

Kibitzer Guest

Hi SSk and thanks for reply...
    I do have problems, even on Moox's versions since 1.0
    I'm running XPSP2.
    Cheers

9. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hmm, strange. Do you have the same problems with java 1.4.x ?

10. tkc

tkc Guest

here's what i did:
    i got the latest moox build, extracted to a directory of my choice and ran it from there. it retained all my profile/bookmark/extensions settings :) as for the java problem, maybe u could try the latest update which i think was just released recently, j2se 1.5 update 3.

side note: although i'm still using moox, i can't really spot a difference between original ff and moox, in terms of stability, speed or otherwise.

@nadirah: are u a singaporean? or u're just interested in current affairs? :)

11. pollmaster2

pollmaster2 Guest

Moox builds are over-rated. I bet most people who think it's faster, havent subjected it to a real test. Probably this perception of speed is fueled mostly by wishful thinking.

12. nadirah

I AM a Singaporean. I'm interested in current affairs, mainly the latest news.

13. Notok

Notok Registered Member

In terms of speed, the regular Firefox will max out my CPU and cause a "stuttering" effect when loading a graphics intensive website, I don't get this with the Moox builds. On my girlfriend's machine (1ghz celeron) and the laptop she's using right now (333mhz), Moox' builds are very noticibly faster. Of course everyone's system is different, so individual mileage will vary.. but you already knew that ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.