Firefox + may i ask

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by flateric1975, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flateric1975

flateric1975 Registered Member

Hello

I got Eset SS4 on the 26th DEc 09 and pleased with it so far moved from Kaspersky...

1. I have the tool bar for Thunderbird 2 ( the last version before TB3) I have not moved to TB 3 so I guess there be no tool bar until 4.2 is this correct? Will i get an auto update to 4.2 via update or do i have to go to site? how well i get to know... that its out?

2. Some other AV programs add a tool bar in the browsers Am i ment to see a tool bar in firefox ? as I dont see one just woundered if there was ment to be one.

3. Is there a way to turn off the splash screen on pc boot up as to me its pointless i know what am using lol...

4. I paid for 2 years key i guess i get an auto update to v 5 , v 6?

Sorry for all the questions this is the 1st time i ever used ESET software :)

A friend told me about it... I like how you can choose 1 pc , 2 pcs etc as with all the others its 1 user or 3... I dont know many people with more then 3 pc`s in one house... I wait until my other av dates run out then i get 2 year , 2 user of this one... :)

Thank you for reading..

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In response to your questions:
    1. ESET provides regular updates to the modules used by the anti-malware engine. These are downloaded together with threat signature updates. Updates to the program itself--what ESET calls a Program Component Update, or PCU, for short--are performed once or twice a year. So far, a PCU for v3 has been released on a limited basis, and no PCUs have been issued for v4. For more information about updates, see ESET Knowledgebase Article #2256, "What is the difference between a Virus Signature Database update and a Program Component Update (PCU)?."
    2. I do not recall ever seeing an ESET toolbar in a web browser. Notifications for web-borne threats are done via a popup dialog on the desktop.
    3. For information on how to disable the splash screen, see ESET Knowledgebase Article #2128 "How do I prevent the splash screen from displaying? (4.0)."
    4. Yes, program upgrades are free for the duration of the license.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. flateric1975

flateric1975 Registered Member

Thank you very much for your reply and answers that explans what I wanted to know thank you.

Keep up the good work guys you doing a good job.

Happy new year to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.