firefox died on me :'(

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by cheater87, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

it stopped working. it just opens and does nothing not even load the homepage. how do i fix this. i tried reinstalling nope that didn't work. please help.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. cheater87

i deleted the firefox thing and now firefox's extension page is ****ed up and so is gamefaqs poll and look. i got the 1.0.6 version.

4. cheater87

its messed up a bit but at least its working. *sighs* i'm scared of IE and i don't want to go back to it.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I had that happen to me in one of the earlier versions. I cannot remember what causes it. I believe I just wiped it all clean and started over. It's a pain.
    You might want to browse the Firefox forums and see if anyone else suffered from the same problem.

6. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Now, now...no need to bring in another browser just to slam them. ;)

IE7 should be out shortly, and there's really no need to be afraid or make assumptions based on gut feelings without giving Micrsosoft the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, it's beginning to look like Firefox has it's share of problems as well. Perhaps not the same type of "security" related problems...but basic operating and functioning problems, none the less....

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There is always Opera ;)

8. Ailric

Ailric Guest

I had the same problem when I first started using Firefox. I believe Tabbrowser Extensions jigged up my profile. I now back up my Mozilla folder every day just in case. Firefox 1.1 is supposed to fix a lot of problems.

Opera is excellent but I wish it had an adblocker like Adblock for Firefox. There's always Admuncher.

I can't wait for IE 7. Hopefully it will raise the bar on this browser competition. The screenshot looks good.
    http://bink.nu/photos/news_article_images/images/9239/original.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.