Firefox Delete and Forget About This Site vs. Keep and Remember This Site History

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

I find it frustrating that Firefox when selecting View>Sidebar>History has via right click on an entry only Delete and Forget About This Site.

IMHO, it should have the symmetric operations of Keep and Remember This Site, then when setting in Firefox Preferences this would provide a simple exception to wiping all history.

After a session, I have to individually address each item in the history list of the Sidebar and delete them manually except any I want to keep which makes for a lot of work. It would be so much easier for Firefox to recognize this use case, and implement the Keep and Remember This Site instead of requiring the user to delete history entries manually without the blanket Browsing and Download History setting (unchecked) in the Privacy>Clear history when Firefox closes.

-- Tom

2. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

What use case isn't addressed by bookmarking pages of interest, and deleting all history items periodically?

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

The use case of not having an easy way to keep only two history entries, while having to manually delete 20-40 website visits in history on a daily basis, and checking in the Firefox Preferences>Privacy Remember my browsing and download history, and clear history when Firefox closes, and in the History Settings unchecking Browsing and Download History.

The suggestion of a Keep and Remember This Site is to elimiate the drudgery of having to manually delete the history except for the two that I usually keep for convenience otherwise that assist me in logging into my ISP's Webmail server.

Forget Bookmarking - i.e. it does not eliminate the manual drudgery! And I do have those two items bookmarked just in case I inadvertently delete them by mistake, and can recover them so that they appear in the Most Visited folder which is a convenient way to access them, except they must be preserved in History for that to take place.

-- Tom

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

For quick access to commonly-used websites, I use the Bookmarks Toolbar. Within the Bookmarks Toolbar are folders categorizing my commonly-used websites, with folders such as "News", "Security," "Unsorted Bookmarks," "Weather," etc.

For other bookmarked websites, I sometimes type a few letters of the website name or URL into the location bar. In Firefox Options->Privacy tab, I use setting "When using the location bar, suggest Bookmarks."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.