Firefox Default Profile

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aeis2000, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeis2000

aeis2000 Registered Member

Hi, New to the forum.
    I have a problem with firefox browzer and hope someone here can help. (did not see this problem on google search).

Problem -
    once in a while when i start up firefox, it shows me a window to select my profile and the only profile in the window is default.I have done this once not knowing what it is and when it opened, i noticed that all my bookmarks are gone so i had to go through the whole process of saving my favourites again.:'(

This happens once in a while. Other times it opens normally so it is kind of diffcuilt to say when this window appears.

Well, yesterday it happened again asking me to select a profile.I did not want to go through the pain of losing all my bookmarks and rebooted my pc which sloved the problem for the time being.

Anyone has any clue what is happening here? Is there a setting where i can save my profile? How do i stop firefox from asking me to select a profile in future?

My firefox version is 1.0.7.

Appreciate any help / advice anyone can provide.:)

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. aeis2000

aeis2000 Registered Member

snowbound >> Thanks alot!! The answers are in that link.
    Cheers!!! :D

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

U are wlecome. :)

Glad u got it sorted. ;) :D

snowbound

5. nod32.9

nod32.9 Guest

99% of the problem is caused by an older profile, bad extension or skin. Delete the entire Mozilla folder (you can reuse BOOKMARK) and restart FF. DO NOT import anything. Rebuild FF from this level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.