Firefox & Chrome!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ams963, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I don't mean the one that listed the trackers on the screen, I always disabled that anyway. It just seemed that every time I opened Firefox or SeaMonkey it was 'informing' me of how wonderfully it had updated or upgraded, or something. o_O

Then it started to break pages & stuff. Honestly, I think with NS & RP in combination, Ghostery is essentially redundant.

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

This means Prefetching was turned on all this time before installing RequestPolicy. Now that it's disabled, what benefit in terms of security am I getting?

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Ah! Okay I think I'm better off without Ghostery. I also have betterprivacy. Is this redundant now that I have ABP, NS and RP?

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

For DNS prefetching
    For Link prefetching
    I don't really know.
    My reason for disabling this two is just it's my preference. It has nothing to do with privacy or security. :D I have NoScript and RequestPolicy for that.
    You could read a more detailed explanation here -http://www.usenix.org/event/leet10/tech/full_papers/Krishnan.pdf

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I've never actually used that so I don't know. There is a temptation to 'overdo' the security extensions. Unless there's one you really like, or is particularly useful, I would uninstall it for overall lightness of the browser. I may have a look at BetterPrivacy though, it looks interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.