Firefox Bookmark/Tabbed options

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tassie_Devils, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

okie, I bit the bullet and decided to download and trial Firefox.

so far so good, I like it. Very much.... especially the Noia 2.0 eXtreme skin. :D

However, unless I am doing something wrong, I have one annoyance.

In any other tabbed, browser, from FAVOURITES, [Bookmark] you always had to option [Under Tools] to open new links in another Tab but with this if I click on a link, it will start the new link over whatever I am viewing at the current time.

I can click on any link within the page and get a new TAB [wheel mourse] no worries which is what I want.

Yes, I have read help, and all I get there is it can do multiple tabs, but no clear concise instructions.

Yes, have browsed the Options... and cannot see what I can enable to allow it to auto TAB when a Bookmarked/Favourite link is clicked.

Also.... when I open the Bookmarks, I see them fine, etc. but the moment I RIGHTclick on any of them [wanted to see what option I had] it would then freeze the Internet Favourites imported section, it will no longer expand down to select a link, not unless I quit and restart FF.

Cheers, TAS

LOL PS: also, just noticed, trying to add a smilie results it being placed at the very end of this post... dang :'(

2. Tassie_Devils

OK.. I have solved one problem when trying to get new TAB from Bookmarks/Favourites.

If I use the "Click Wheel" option on mouse, it will open new TAB from the Favourites. Good.

Now, anyone else having the same little glitch if RIGHT click on a Favourite link, nothing, and then the IE Favourites are 'frozen'?

TAS

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

4. Justhelping

Justhelping Guest

Ah, you discovered the power of middle clicking, it's a generic way of opening new tabs in firefox. Eg middleclick on a link and it will open in a new tab.

You might later want to check out extensions like single window extension, tab browsing preferences, tab browser extensions etc if you want to avoid new windows being opened at all.

I'm not too sure what you mean. When you right click on a link on your bookmark toolbar, you should get various options like open, open in new window etc,,

5. Tassie_Devils

This was always an option I have used in other multiple TAB browsers so no probs there. But in the other browsers, I had an OPTION on how the browser worked with various clicks. Left/middle/right.... this one no option. That was my point. But I will simply use the middle of course to get new tabs.

Yes, I would have "presumed" that also. But I get nothing. No rightclick context menu options at all. Then, once I have done that, the Bookmarks then become frozen, so to speak, they won't 'extend' out to choose one... I click on Bookmarks, menu drops down, but the imported IE Favourites is then 'frozen' for want of a better term. That will only then extend if I close the browser and restart it.

I will follow with vampiric crows' link see what I get there.

Thanks, TAS

6. Tassie_Devils

Fixed. Rightclick option now appears to be working within the bookmark/favourites links, get options now.

I just tried again, after closing the dang think like a gazillion times, and appears to have rectified itself.

Thanks for link, info guys.

TAS

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Tabbrowser extensions have caused some people problems in the past. I haven't tried them so this is info only. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.