Firefox Blocks Browser Add-On's

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Securon, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Ran into what I consider to be an odd situation in regards to an install issue. I was setting up in this case Kaspersky I.S.2014...when entering in permissions on Firefox...Firefox stated cannot at this time install the add-on's...example KIS...Site Advisor...Safe Money...WebFilter...and Virtual Keyboard. Wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this problem? It seems it's on the latest version of Firefox. It's a good thing I have a Strong compliment of Security Apps...to help breach the gap as it were. And I'm wondering if this is particular to Kaspersky...or is it a security issue that includes all Security app add-on's? Sincerely...Securon

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Kaspersky has not updated their addons for Firefox 27 yet. They will do so when patch e is released, which is in beta testing right now. I expect it to take a couple more weeks based on previous experience. This is an issue with them every single time, unless you want to run the Firefox ESR, which is based on Firefox 24. I don't recommend posting about it on their forum, it will not be well received.

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Many thanks xxJackxx...for your prompt follow up...and insight into my problem. You can be rest assured I won't make Political Fodder at the House of Kaspersky...but I am tempted in entering a post about how Team Canada is going to demolish Team Russia in Olympic Hockey...simply Putin...Lol! Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.