Firefox beta 3 question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pedro, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I trying out FF 3. It's a bit buggy, but it's working fine most of the time, and a lot faster than FF2.
    Nice new features and all, but i'd like to remove those buttons on the tab bar - the ones that allow me to go left and right, and the other one that shows all open tabs.

The mouse wheel is THE solution for me, and i really don't need them. They even annoy me.

Since TMP isn't available, how do i remove these? I'm failing on google, so perhaps some of you can help me?

TIA

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Do not know on Beta 3. But unless they have changed the options from FF 2.x.x.xx. When you right click on the upper bars one of the options you get should be "Customize". Your cursor will be replaced by a little hand icon. You should then be able to left-click and hold to drag them down into the window that opened when you clicked on customize.

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion ThunderZ, but it doesn't apply to the tab bar (i assume this is how it's called).
    The hand changes to the normal pointer when hovering these, and i can't remove them.

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Sorry Pedro. Don`t have a clue then for beta 3. Though I am looking forward to the final. Have been hearing pretty good things.

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

To remove the tab drop down list, you could try using the Stylish extension and this style. I havent tried it myself btw.

As for TMP and Firefox 3, you could try the devbuilds.

6. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

ThunderZ, no worries, thank you anyway. About FF3, you will really like it.

WSFuser, thank you. I forgot about Stylish, it wasn't working on FF2. Probably some conflict. Will try now, or TMP dev. build.

If anyone knows how to tweak it by hand, let me know plz. about:config, prefs.js or something.

7. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

TMP dev. build to the rescue :)
    Worked perfectly.

Stylish website doesn't have one for me. Your style suggestion works for the drop down menu, and makes the tab bar smaller. Very good, but the scroll buttons are still there.
    Another style should do the rest - http://userstyles.org/styles/4766 - but it doesn't work properly. It only hides the left one. I guess it's for ff2 only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.