Firefox 3.6 and Windows desktop composition problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bonedriven, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I have this problem that I've posted in the Firefox support forum. I hope someone here can help me too.

Generally speaking,a game is disabling desktop composition when it's running,like it always does. But the new Firefox 3.6 has got a problem with that.

Thanks in advance.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hmm, maybe you can utilize the third method here till Mozilla updates again. If not - I'm outta bullets.

3. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Hi GlobalForce,

Thank you. But the games were not the one to blame,they temporarily disable windows desktop composition feature when in full screen mode though. However they get along well with my system. Finally there is someone that confirmed my issue with another game World of Warcraft in my FF forum post.

I know it is a small problem. But like most of the wilders here,I'm just trying to make my system rather smooth and without any strange problem. :p I think I'll give up on this one though.

Also,for no obvious reason I am not able to use any theme except the default one which is blank and "Groovy blue",with or without personas addon installed. My copy of firefox 3.6 is cursed. :argh:

Forget it. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.