Firefox 3.6 and Framework Assistant

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by oma53, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

Hello,
    I just installed Firefox 3.6 on two systems and I have the following problem.

System 1
    The MS.net Framework Assistant is back, but I am unable to uninstall due to the button being grayed out. I can disable this on this system.

System 2
    The MS.net Framework Assistant is back also, but I am unable to uninstall or disable this one as both buttons are grayed out.

Up until installing v3.6, the assistant was not on ether system.

If I disable as has been suggested by MS, I get a popup stating that I need the update download. If I disable this in windows update, I get a big red warning that I have a priority download waiting.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I noticed it back as well, I thought they stopped installing that thing automatically. My buttons aren't grayed out though, I can disable/Uninstall. What use that would be I don't know as it'll likely pop itself right back in there at some point.

3. oma53

oma53 Registered Member

I am starting to see a few more threads about this on the internet so I guess I am not alone.
    I managed to get the second system to disable this. Out of desperation I downloaded the extension from the Firefox add-on site and uninstalled it. When I did this and restarted, the option to disable was there.
    I can disable but not uninstall on both of my systems.
    I don’t know if this is a Firefox issue or a MS issue, but I hope someone has a fix for this soon. I know nothing can happen with them disabled, but I would like to be able to uninstall this from Firefox.

Thank you.

4. bman412

bman412 Registered Member

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

We need MS to fix this again. They did once before.

I tried removing the .NET Asst via some of the methods out on the web and then Microsoft Updates wants to re-install it. So the source of the problem needs to fix it!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.