Firefox 3.6.4 Beta(Lorentz)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dermot7, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

2. Reimer

Reimer Registered Member

I've been using Lorentz as a secondary browser backup to Chromium and I like it very much. It does seem a bit quicker. The shutdown time has definitely been improved.

Can't comment on the startup time though as I use an SSD and it skews the results for those who have had long startup times themselves. Although even before the SSD, I never had 30+ second startup times like some posters here have stated. I also used upwards of 30 extensions then.

Plugins like flash have been moved to their own process now like Chromium.

I look forward to 4.0 when electrolysis is completed :)

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Been using 3.6.4 since build 2. I had some issues with build 2 but no deal breakers. Anyway, build 3 followed close on the heels of build 2 so I installed the former immediately. The latest build (build 4), which I installed a couple of days ago, is seemingly much improved over the previous two builds. No issues as of yet and considerably faster on my machines (older P4s).

Regardless, it now appears as if there will be a build 5:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.6.4

4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

I found that if I uninstall build 4, reinstall build 3, and then manually check for
    updates, it will update, and also install some plug-ins, which surprised, and at
    first had me "foxed", namely getplusplus for Adobe(np-gp.dll) and worse(?)-
    Java Deployment Toolkit (albeit disabled) v.6.0.180.7(npdeploytk.dll), and I've no logical explanation(?) why this should have happened, I've JRE 6.0.20 installed. I manually deleted the 2 plug-ins. Otherwise, really like this browser, and Kaspersky URL Advisor now works fine.

5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.