firefox 25 is out

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Nanobot,

You can get Firefox 27.0 here.

-- Tom

2. Nanobot

Nanobot Registered Member

Thanks lotuseclat79

Don't you think it's better to wait for it to come into the official ubuntu repos instead of doing it manually? besides, i have no idea how to do it myself

/noob

3. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback, Nanobot! These Flash rendering problems are turning into a show stopper for me :( I guess I'll just stick with Chrome.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Nanobot,

As soon as Firefox 27.0 was available, I downloaded it. While I do install it manually and don't depend on the Ubuntu repositories for it - they tend to lag in terms of time to do the updates, in your case that would be a good idea to wait for it.

One attribute of manually installing it as I do, is that it is not an integrated package installation like other executables in the Ubuntu distribution I use - 12.04.4 (just released).

As such some error reports between the system and Firefox cannot associate (be recognized) with Firefox because it is not officially installed via the package installation method, however, Firefox crashes do get reported.

-- Tom

5. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Anyone knows why is the Maintenance service added after i update firefox?

I did a clean install of version 27 deselecting it, and after the last update it was added again.

Not a big issue but i would like to prevent this in the future if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.