Fire sale or Red hot price?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by AaLF, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

When I google LnS I get this page...
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm

The price says $29

But if you click on BUY & Download the price suddenly jumps to $40.

Very disappointing. I bet it turns a lot of sales away with those tactics.

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

3. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thanks but the message was for LnS to take note of. There's not that many firewalls around considering the PC population of the world. And LnS is well respected.

Draughting an email to their web designer would take longer than the time for him to fix the wrong price displayed on the web page.

4. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

my price is Euro $29.
    Not USD.

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Frederic lives in European Union, that is a EUR price, no tactics about it, a person visiting a website and they see prices for things but no currency type information, a person shouldn’t assume anything and visit the ‘Buy’ page for hard facts.

6. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

It a marketing problem Phant0m that is costing Frederic big dollars.

How many 'hits' does Frederic get on that page?

A percentage of people are going to fix in their mind $29USD. Only to discover the price jumps to $39USD.

What should a person assume when this happens?

How many changed their mind and go elsewhere with their money?

It will cost Frederic 29 euros once to change the page from $29USD to $39USD. That is the price of one firewall. How many people each day refuse to buy because of the price difference?

Frederic has to be losing big money.

7. Phant0m

Sorry, where does it say $29 USD ?

8. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

$29 on the internet is always read as USD unless otherwise specified. The US Dollar is the unofficial currency of the internet. The issue is about how many people in the world are turned off and change their mind and don't buy.

Every time someone takes offense at the sudden price fluctuation they will go elsewhere.

Here's an example of what I mean....

I have suggested to change the dollar symbol to a euro or the figure from $29 to $39. This will cost Frederic 29 euros to impliment.

But offense is taken and now we see defending $29 > euro 29 and refusal to change it in two threads on the subject.

Can Frederic not see that others feel similar about the price displayed and take offense and refuse to send 29 euros of cash to Frederic?

Who is the loser? The customer chooses Outpost or Online Armor etc instead due to anger at the price jump. Not much of a loss to him. He is happy. He still gets a firewall. But Frederic on the other hand loses 29 euros everytime one of them goes over to Outpost etc.

I'm just trying to do Frederic a favor.

9. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

from the link in the first post possibly because scripting is blocked

Attached Files:

10. Phant0m

$29 ... and no currency type giving for the buy image ad, Frederic lives in France, they are use to EUR.

I understand some people feels USD is the Internet standards for currency type, .. people all over the world sells and they asking for payment in their currency type.

For me... Its about not assuming everyone who sells on Internet is from the US.

11. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As it is undoubtedly €29 then it should display so clearly. Simple change of that image one would think (and easy for me to say but nevertheless)

12. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

a $ symbol means USD. Everyone else who wants a different amount must specify. Here is an example:
    Why does this person include the notation of CAD (Canadian dollars)?
    Answer: to avoid confusion and not risk losing a sale.

13. Phant0m

For clarity on the main page, like both of you are saying, it should be updated. ;)

14. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i did notice the price change when purchasing but that did not bother me personally.

but i agree it should be the Euro sign and not the $.

15. Hillsboro

Hillsboro Registered Member

You are absolutely right. I have three license for LNS and when I purchased it was $29.00 And that was what I was charged and I am speaking of version 2.06 at the time. the $/€ exchange rate was pretty close to what it is now. Personally it bothers me as a matter of principle in that LSN has not changed and if it wasn't for PhantOm's support this place would be a lighthouse. I know he is defending Frederick, but his argument is weak in that the € has been France's currency for almost 10 years now and Frederick has done nothing in almost 2 years other than be a Developer in Abstencia. Yes I am aware he has had difficulties... still I find very little justification for a 30 percent price increase on a product that has not continued to be developed or supported by the developer.

Sorry to ruffle any feather here.

16. Phant0m

Its obvious that he hasn’t participated on the product support forums in a long while, my thoughts are, what you are saying reaching him? he might not be monitoring the support forums for now, sending a e-mail instead would reach him.

I never known him to be deceptive, and I’ve been working with him since late 2000 or 2001, I’m certain if you e-mailed him, that he would make adjustments for clarity.

Also seems JF went off the grid.

17. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Hey come on Phant0m. None of us were attacking Frederic's integrity. We've all been around here for years. Frederic and yourself have our respect.

What we're trying to say is the thousands who go shopping for a firewall only have the LooknStop website with which to judge Frederic and his product. And $29 >e29 gives the wrong impression.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.