Finjan SurfinGuard Pro (yeah, it's not an AV but..)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by VikingStorm, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

Wasn't sure were this program would fit, but I'm trying to find something to pair with NOD32 script-wise. Do you guys recommend this product? Or does it really do nothing since their tests require you to 'accept' their activex program anyways (protects you only if you somehow like installing activex programs you have no idea about).

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi VikingStorm,

There have been a few threads here that referenced SurfinGuard Pro. I recommend using the forum Search function using just "SurfinGuard" (without quotes) as the search item and expand the day range at the bottom to say 180 days.

The main things posted so far seem to reflect questionable capabilities. See this thread on that:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=14054

Also, there's a question regarding conflicts with other security software. Within this SpywareGuard thread is a list of possible conflicting software programs:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9363

However, there is nothing as good as trying a piece of software yourself to determine how it'll work on your system.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

3. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I did use the search function, but I didn't seem to have been able to find any definitive answers. Thanks anyhow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.