Find Your Child

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Jimbob1989, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

I recently got a magazine with a cover disk containing this program. See description below.

Jimbob

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

IMO this thread belongs in the forum "Privacy General", nice article for a discussion about what is allowed or not when it concerns childrens rights on privacy.

Ciao,

Smokey

3. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Thanks Mods for placing this thread in the correct forum;) , now I can give my point of view about this thread.

I don't like the idea at all, for one simple reason: every child have the right on privacy, just like you and me.

Big Brother is already watching us, and almost nobody want that, why then allowing Big Mother and Big father watching their child(ren)?

I know, the watched child knows he or she is watched by his parents, but how much pressure from the parents is behind this, in a lot of cases the child is forced to accept it, while in the meanwhile the child don't want to be watched at all but has not the courage to give expression to their real feelings.

I have 2 daughters (12 and 15), and have asked them to give their point of view about this thread.

We have a modern family, and they know that we respect their opinion.
    Both daughters have give their honest and clear opinion: we don't want to be tracked.

And because we are thinking modern, we MUST trust our children, and we do so.

Ciao,

Smokey

4. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I agree, trying to force trust on your kids is only going to do more harm than good. If the kid has a mobile phone, that should really be good enough. The fact is that kids are always going to go astray and go somewhere that you don't want them to, that's what kids do.. we don't need tracking devices.

I guess I could see something like this being good in an emergency situation, but still only as a last resort. Technology can and will fail, you've still gotta develop those human skills of trust, communication, and for the urgent situations coping and dealing. Where will a kid be if s/he never has to do more than press a few buttons to get out of any given situation?

lol, I have a wide range of thoughts and feelings about this subject, hopefully the above isn't too over-simplified. For as much of a tech-head as I am, it's my absolute conviction that technology should be a supplement for our existance, not one that replaces the important parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.