Find infected file in log???

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by GuruGuy, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

I just did a scan and clean and one file was infected and cleaned.

Question is, how in the hell do you find the file quickly in the log to see what it was. I think it should be highlighted in red, but when you have 500,000 files that were scanned, there has to be a QUICK way to just go to it.

How can I go straight to this infected file to see what it was?

2. GuruGuy

I answered part of my question.....I found it in the quarantine folder.

However, if folks don't quarantine things, how do they find the file quickly in just the log file?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Don't list all files and you'll find it easily in the scanner log. Infected items are highlighted red in logs.

4. GuruGuy

Good point..........Thanks.

5. rothko

rothko Registered Member

i actually added this to the request list here (post 206): https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=49674&page=9&pp=25

I still think it would be a nice addition - i dont list all files, but sometimes the list of locked files, password protected zips, etc can be quite large and takes some scrolling through. be nice to have the threats list at the end as a summary

cheers, lee

6. GuruGuy

Or when you open the control panel and see in the list files scanned, number infected, number cleaned.............you could double click it and it would only show you what you clicked on instead of the whole log. For instance double clicking on Infected files: 2 would only show you those two infected files instead of the entire log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.