find device generating high network traffice

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by dshirk, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dshirk

dshirk Registered Member

Hello all.
    I am evaluating Capsa 7. One thing I am looking to do is if a netork device is generating high network traffic, I would like to find this device quickly. Can I do this with Capsa 7? If so can someone provide me with a detailed step by step procedure? I am new to networking and I need very detailed information on how to set this up.

Thank you..

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi dshirk,

Thanks for your interest.

Find the top talker is simple with Capsa. You may find some clues from this post: http://kb.colasoft.com/how-to/47-how-to-monitor-network-traffic.

The most important step is whether you capture traffic in the right place. As you can see, first you need a managed switch, or hub or even a network tap. And then, it's the traffic capture. Just in the IP Endpoint tab in Capsa, you find the top talkers.

If you aren't sure where to capture traffic, please tell us your network structure (a network diagram is great), and we can hlep. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.