Find Activation Key

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by maddtechwf, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddtechwf

maddtechwf Registered Member

A client of mine has ESET on their computers. One of their desktops crashed and I need to reinstall the software on their computer. They don't have their activation key and they bought the software from a company that is no longer around. Is there a way to find it in the registry?

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

they should be able to contact eset and provide their info to get their lic info...if it was activated properly eset will have their name and contact info etc from the activation when nit was first done. i dont think anyone here will tell you if its in the registry but i could be wrong...

3. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

zfactor has it exactly right. If they've had ESET products on their computers for some time and the program has been running fine prior to the crash, I'm going to assume they registered their license properly. If they contact us and provide their info, we can provide them with the license information they need. They can do this online or by phone.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

or - assuming the email address is known that was used to register the software - go here and use the lost username/password form - the system will just resent the license email:

http://go.eset.com/us/support/lost-license/

5. reddice

reddice Registered Member

I tried that last year and still did not get a resent license email luckily I saved my email password.

6. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

then I would contact ESET support - you would be surprised how many people mis-type their email when activating the software but as the license is displayed on the screen - they copy it down and are good until they want to get it resent. The other thing is these emails are server generated - they OFTEN get caught in spam filters - both at the ISP and end-user level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.