Finally downloaded, now 3 questions.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Acadia, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, after an entire year of thinking about it, late last night I finally, FINALLY downloaded a trial TDS to play with and I have three questions.

Question number 1: I was somewhat bewildered by all the options which probably means that this program is quite powerful but how do I perform a simple on-demand scan of my c:drive, not my entire system, just my c:drive. I’m sure that it’s got to be just two or three clicks away, but where?

Question number 2: I have been using BoClean for almost four years and would like to continue to do so therefore I would like to keep the real-time monitoring feature of TDS turned off, for now anyway. Yes, BoClean and TDS may play nicely together but for starters while trailing this thing I would like to play it safe and keep the real-time feature turned off; if I decide to keep it I’ll mess with the constant monitoring later. I main reason I downloaded TDS is because as we all know, BoClean, while being an excellent real time monitor, does not have an on-demand c:drive scan.

Question number 3: Last week I bought my wife her own computer, which sits just a few feet away from mine. When I emailed Kevin at BoClean about purchasing another license for the new pc He said that I could simply copy the program from my pc to her’s, that I did not need to purchase another license for BoClean; one license was good for the entire household. If I decide to keep TDS I will also want to put it on my wife’s machine. Will I need to purchase two licenses or will one per household be enough?

Thank you,
    Acadia

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Acadia and congrats on the trial.

#1: Open GUI, Menu Bar System Testing/Scan Control.....
    In the popup, Window Pane on left, 'Available Scans' find the "Scan in C:\" option
    Highlight that, then click the > arrow to put it into the 'Current Scan List'
    Click on the 'Start Scanning' button below that Current scan List.

See Pic.

#2: See pic. See the bit highlighted in yellow where Execution Protection is highlighted, you won't have that in trial version. You have to have it Registered/paid for, to enable that RTM option, PLUS you have to have TDS running [minimised to SysTray], so a simple scan, exit via the X and it's no longer active.

#3: YES, you do need individual licences.

Have fun. ;)

Cheers, TAS

PS: I've never tried this, but no reason why it should not work... Open Windows Explorer, right click on C:\ and select 'Scan with TDS'....:)

Attached Files:

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Tassie, thank you very much for such an involved reply, picture and everything, must have taken some time (I like that “Rat Catcher”).

#1: Sounds easy enough, can’t wait to get home and try it.

#2: Oh, so I don’t even have a RTM in the trial version, so I don’t even have to worry about it.

#3: (Sigh). :doubt: I was afraid of that. :mad: My pockets are not as deep as one Mr. Gates’s, so this trial may be all that I see of this powerful program. :'(

Thanks again,
    Acadia

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Acadia... no problems mate, my pleasure...

one thing, go to the "stickies" at top of TDS thread, especially the configuration setups done by FanJ ;)

Learn lots in there to help you, plenty of screenies to follow.

Cheers, TAS.

PS: nope not long, about 4-5 mins... used to taking quick screenies with my program, only takes 10 seconds snap, crop, save. ;)

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Acadia.
    Although you do need a seperate licence for each user you do get a discount on the second licence also you get acrued discounts when you buy DCS's other products such as Port Explorer and Process Guard. :)

HTH Pilli.

BTW I doubt Bill gates has pockets or he gets someone else to wear them for him! :D

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, Pilli. Um, no offense but $89 a discount? :eek: (unless I was looking at the wrong place)

Acadia

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

No offence taken Acadia :D

8. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Why don't you email DCS and discuss the matter with them? It would cost you a small fortune if you wanted to buy all their programs for you and your wife and that's just impossible so there has to be a better and cheaper way.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.