Finally downloaded, now 3 questions.

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Acadia, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, after an entire year of thinking about it, late last night I finally, FINALLY downloaded a trial TDS to play with and I have three questions.

Question number 1: I was somewhat bewildered by all the options which probably means that this program is quite powerful but how do I perform a simple on-demand scan of my c:drive, not my entire system, just my c:drive. I’m sure that it’s got to be just two or three clicks away, but where?

Question number 2: I have been using BoClean for almost four years and would like to continue to do so therefore I would like to keep the real-time monitoring feature of TDS turned off, for now anyway. Yes, BoClean and TDS may play nicely together but for starters while trailing this thing I would like to play it safe and keep the real-time feature turned off; if I decide to keep it I’ll mess with the constant monitoring later. I main reason I downloaded TDS is because as we all know, BoClean, while being an excellent real time monitor, does not have an on-demand c:drive scan.

Question number 3: Last week I bought my wife her own computer, which sits just a few feet away from mine. When I emailed Kevin at BoClean about purchasing another license for the new pc He said that I could simply copy the program from my pc to her’s, that I did not need to purchase another license for BoClean; one license was good for the entire household. If I decide to keep TDS I will also want to put it on my wife’s machine. Will I need to purchase two licenses or will one per household be enough?

Thank you,
    Acadia

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Acadia and congrats on the trial.

#1: Open GUI, Menu Bar System Testing/Scan Control.....
    In the popup, Window Pane on left, 'Available Scans' find the "Scan in C:\" option
    Highlight that, then click the > arrow to put it into the 'Current Scan List'
    Click on the 'Start Scanning' button below that Current scan List.

See Pic.

#2: See pic. See the bit highlighted in yellow where Execution Protection is highlighted, you won't have that in trial version. You have to have it Registered/paid for, to enable that RTM option, PLUS you have to have TDS running [minimised to SysTray], so a simple scan, exit via the X and it's no longer active.

#3: YES, you do need individual licences.

Have fun. ;)

Cheers, TAS

PS: I've never tried this, but no reason why it should not work... Open Windows Explorer, right click on C:\ and select 'Scan with TDS'....:)

Attached Files:

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Tassie, thank you very much for such an involved reply, picture and everything, must have taken some time (I like that “Rat Catcher”).

#1: Sounds easy enough, can’t wait to get home and try it.

#2: Oh, so I don’t even have a RTM in the trial version, so I don’t even have to worry about it.

#3: (Sigh). :doubt: I was afraid of that. :mad: My pockets are not as deep as one Mr. Gates’s, so this trial may be all that I see of this powerful program. :'(

Thanks again,
    Acadia

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Acadia... no problems mate, my pleasure...

one thing, go to the "stickies" at top of TDS thread, especially the configuration setups done by FanJ ;)

Learn lots in there to help you, plenty of screenies to follow.

Cheers, TAS.

PS: nope not long, about 4-5 mins... used to taking quick screenies with my program, only takes 10 seconds snap, crop, save. ;)

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Acadia.
    Although you do need a seperate licence for each user you do get a discount on the second licence also you get acrued discounts when you buy DCS's other products such as Port Explorer and Process Guard. :)

HTH Pilli.

BTW I doubt Bill gates has pockets or he gets someone else to wear them for him! :D

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thanks, Pilli. Um, no offense but $89 a discount? :eek: (unless I was looking at the wrong place)

Acadia

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

No offence taken Acadia :D

8. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Why don't you email DCS and discuss the matter with them? It would cost you a small fortune if you wanted to buy all their programs for you and your wife and that's just impossible so there has to be a better and cheaper way.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.