FileStream SafeShield at Bitsdujour

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Arcanez, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

2. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Anybody using this? Thoughts?

3. buckslayr

Went ahead and bought this. I must say that it is very simple to use. No impact on my system either. I've paired it with PrivateFirewall and AVG Linkscanner. I really don't think that I need a real time av. Any suggestions appreciated?

4. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

yes I don't think you will need a real time av either. I heard the program is a rebranded Returnil Virtual System but with a lifetime license. Also heard it has a commit function which not many of these softwares have except for maybe shadow defender. I'm not quiet sure how SafeShield performs against rootkits but you should be pretty fine against everything else. If you worry about rootkits you might want to add something for protecting the master boot record. Nprotect MBR guard is something like that. I have never used it cause I run Appguard so not sure if there might be any issues with other security programs. I would add EMET just because it's free and has no impact on the system. No matter what softwares you run EMET always has a place, that's my opinion at least. But I think with your setup you should do fine.

5. buckslayr

Thanks for the feedback. Safeshield contains a component called System Guard which may do what you talked about. Not quite sure though. Must say I am really liking it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.