Files/Folder Backup VS Image Backup ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by southcat, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Hello everybody. I have some questions, hope someone help me. Thanks :)

I'm very interested in various backup method/software, because the data in my harddisk is quite important and i often do the backup job.

Now I am using a good files/folders backup software (Genie Backup Manager) already. But i wonder a image backup software will do better ?

After i trial TI8, i feel good. However i'm no sure its stability and image integrity but that is most important things.

Genie Backup Manager is using zip format to create the backup files. So i can also use winrar,winzip to restore, even the backup files is corrupted, i can use some tools to fix it.

Can someone share his experience in using TI ? Which one should I choose ?

Thanks for your opinion. :)

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Southcat

Glad to see that you're backing up your important data on a regular basis. However, if your o/s gets badly trashed or your hard drive crashes you'll need to reinstall Windows and your applications before you can restore that data. Imaging software such as TI enables you to quickly restore your system to the way it was without all that extra hassle.

For maximum assurance why not use both backup methods? That way, even if the image restore fails, you'll still have a copy of your irreplaceable data.

Regards

3. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Thanks for your opinion. I really appreciate the user interface of TI and it create the image quite fast. So i will continue trial TI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.