File Transfer Wizard

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by IRQtheCat, Oct 20, 2013.

1. IRQtheCat

IRQtheCat Registered Member

First time I've used it. I had a failing drive and obtained a replacement. I used the File Transfer Wizard successfully, however to my dismay it made the date/time on the new disk the current date/time instead of the original. I've now started over using Teracopy which is keeping the original dates and times. I did not see any options in the wizard to do anything else.
    I thought about copying the MBR partition to the new GPT disk, but wasn't sure that was possible. I thing the File Transfer Wizard should at least the option to keep the original date/time.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

FileTransferWizard performs copy operation, not move.
    Modified date/time will be the date/time of file copy creation.
    I'm not sure if we're talking about same things, maybe your concern is about creation date/time?

3. IRQtheCat

IRQtheCat Registered Member

I was talking about copying. Usually when copying files within the system, the creation date is kept. Again note that Teracopy is not changing the dates when copying.

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I don´t know if the date issue is a bug or if the wizard is designed to work that way for some reason.

But, if you can copy with TeraCopy or Windows, why do you want to use the File Transfer Wizard? I think it´s designed to be used in emergency situations, when Windows doesn´t work, and from a boot medium.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.