File system errors

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by carolynm, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynm

carolynm Registered Member

I am using Acronis Disk Director and I am trying to recover a partition on a secondary hard drive.

It seems as though the file system is not recognized. Under Type it says FS: None Partition: 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS). When I looked at properties then errors it states File system error: Invalid format.

I tried running the recovery but it doesn't recognize the partitions I'm assuming due to this file system issue. Is there anything else that I can do?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

As well I have looked through the forums and I have seen other people have this problem but each one was told to run a report and email it to acronis support.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Carolynm,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Actually it will be more helpful to gather all information about your system and contact Acronis Support Team. You can also provide our Support Team with a link to this thread.

Could you please do the following?

- Download Acronis Report utility from
    http://download.acronis.com/support/AcronisReport.exe

- Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip or WinRAR) and attach to your message by browsing for the archive.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.