File system compatibility between image and original

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hlemel, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlemel

hlemel Guest

Hi

I am looking for some advice. I am runiing XP sp1 on my notebook and will be travelling abroad (Albania) for work. I have an external USB drive and am wondering if it would be a problem for me to create the backup image (complete with system and all files) in FAT32. Only reason for thinking of doing this is that I would like to be able to access the backup partition on an older notebook running Win 98 SE.

I'd appreciate any advice. If there are any doubts about the soundness of operating with the 2 file systems, I'll go ahead with NTFS on the external drive. Main purpose is to have a complete backup in case my notebook drive gets into problems

Thanks in advance

Harold

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Harold,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

You can save your image files on any FAT or NTFS partition regardless of file system on the drive you want to create image from.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.