File split does not work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikie_pl, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikie_pl

mikie_pl Registered Member

Hi,

I am backing up to a windows-share folder on my local network. Everything works fine (it even creates file as large as 23GB).
    However I cannot get the archive to be split. I set the option to split archive to 100M, 700M, 4,7GB - I tried it several times with different settings. I got it working only 1 time for 100M split archive, and I am not sure what exact setting I used. Please let me know if there are any specific conditions when exactly the file split will work or not?
    Also these options for file split are available only from the main program - Default backup options. But in the wizard for backup, when I clik not to use default options I can find only some basic options, and there is no option for file split in this wizard... I think it should also be available from within that wizard.

rgds,
    mk

2. mikie_pl

I found out one thing: if I create a scheduled task then I have options available to split the archive file. So I created a scheduled task that will fire up in next 1 minute to create full backup with split file to 4.7GB and it works :)
    But still, if I use the Create Backup wizard manually there are no options for split file, and the default options are being ignored...

rgds,
    mk

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I don't know hat version and build of TI you are using but in TI9 B3677 when you manually create a backup task you can choose "Backup Options" and select "manual' then under archive splitting you can select "fixed size". This works for me.

4. como

como Registered Member

If you click on the Tools menu on the main TI window select options and set your defaults, including file splitting.
    I am using version 10 but I am sure it was the same in version 9 and may have been in version 8

5. mikie_pl

I am using the latest build 4942 (March 2007).
    Of course I am using the default options from the Tools menu - as I said there seems to be no other way to set file splitting (except for a task schedule wizard). When preparing a manual backup there is only limited option list - try it yourself.

Rgds,
    mk

6. como

como Registered Member

I have just set a file split limit in the Tools/Options menu and started a manual backup, when I got to the screen where you can select Default or Manual options I checked the manual settings and the file splitting was just as I had set it on the Main Screen.
    I am backing up my system drive now with file splitting set and will report later if it is successful.
    I do not understand what you mean by there only being a limited option list, perhaps you could post a screen shot. You are aware that you can enter any size in the file split box.
    I normally only carry out full backups to an external disk drive, if you are splitting the file to fit on DVDs or CDs I advise you to search the forum for all the problems other users have experienced with this media.

Edit
    My backup has just finished and the files were split as set

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  7. dougeeebear

dougeeebear Registered Member

You can use the drop-down pre-defined file split sizes, or you can type in a size of your preference.
    For instance, you can type in 1GB, 500MB, or anything you want.
    I know this works, because I've tried it.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikie_pl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that as described in chapter 5.3.6 "Archive-splitting" of the User's Guide:
    If you are creating a backup without using Acronis Backup Locations or Acronis Secure Zone, and not getting the option to split, please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly:

Please create screenshots of all steps of Acronis Backup Wizard when you're not getting the option to split.

Please collect the application log of the operation when backup is supposed to split, but doesn't:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the respective log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.