File Security

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DiNozzo, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiNozzo

DiNozzo Registered Member

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed the trial version of NOD32 Anti-Virus just a few hours ago.

Ever since, NOD32 has been conducting a slow scan of files under Real-Time File Protection. What is it doing exactly, as I have not requested any sort of scan?

Is it going to scan all files again next time I reboot?

Thank you!

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

excuse my english.....

dont know if it will but...... I installed v2.7 in a buddy's pc and nod find 2 virus after installing with no scan. I think this is just real time works. AV just not waiting and dont do anything, it scan files you need in using your pc. Other AV probably do the same...

Have a look to Tools/scheduler, automatic system startup file check...... it is a default security task

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  3. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Real-Time File Protection is exactly what the name suggests a scan of the files in real time as you (or rather the PC) use them.

If it didn't do this the anti virus would only pick up viruses etc when you did a full scan of the system.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Where exactly are you seeing those results ?

Have you altered or added to the Tools\Scheduler concerning scheduled tasks ?

Bubba

5. DiNozzo

Thanks for the replies. I have not altered any setting in the scheduler section. I was just seeing the number of files being scanned increase as I was using the computer (although I was mainly browsing the web). It appears that there is a task in the scheduler related to that sort of real-time scanning.

6. DiNozzo

Re: File Protection Status

I am seeing the scan under Protection Status > General Overview.

File System Protection is scanning files. Is it scanning files that are being accessed as I use the computer? Even when I am idle, NOD32 is still scanning.

Also, what is the Automatic Startup File Check item in the Scheduler? What does it scan exactly?

Thank you for your help! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.