File not found when updating Eset Nod32 Client

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gh0stMaker1969, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gh0stMaker1969

Gh0stMaker1969 Registered Member

All the Eset clients stopped getting updates from the server and it appears the 'Eset RA HTTP Server' (Manual), will not startup and I am assuming this service is needed for the Eset clients to update.
    I have re-installed the Eset Server and rebooted, but clients still will not update pointing to http site on server. This worked for 3 months until June 18, 2008.
    Any help would be appreciated - Thank You

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I haven't heard of people experiencing problems with that service, but
    a 'file not found' message is often typical of trying to connect to a 3.0 mirror with a 2.7 client or vice versa.

Anyway, things to check:

-Make sure the version of the ERA Console and the ERA Server are the same.
    -the latest version of ERA 2.0.x (107 i believe) allows you to update a mix of 2.x and 3.x clients. If you are using ERA 1.0, or earlier versions of ERA 2.0, this isn't possible. Not sure what your scenario is, that's just a reminder.
    -Verify that your mirror folder is populated with update files and check that the dates on the files are current.
    -Try deleting the contents of the mirror folder and allowing the server repopulate it at next update.

3. Gh0stMaker1969

Gh0stMaker1969 Registered Member

Version 3.0.642.0 is being used - I reset up the mirror and the clients can see the mirror fine now. It gave a message on the mirror tab as if it lost the path (nothing in the path), but once I gave it a path again the clients started updating.

Thanks for your help,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.