File Manager Question

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by arran, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

Hi I am testing Returnil. with the file manager after selecting a list of files to save you have to click the "save files" button before every reboot so as the files
    will be saved. Is there a way to make them be saved Automatically without having to press the "save files" button before every reboot. Because this would be a pain in the ass to remember to do so before every reboot and shut down.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi arran,
    No, the File Manager does not have an automated mode...yet. Try creating a Virtual Disk (Virtual Mode > Tools > Virtual Disk tab) which will work like any other non-system disk where anything saved within it will not be lost at restart with the Virtual Mode active.

Mike

3. arran

arran Registered Member

Yet? So is it going to be included in the next version?

That method wouldn't suit my setup, I want to always boot up on a fresh OS installation. all my downloads from the internet are downloaded directly into a True Crypt container on another hard disk. The files I want saved to my real OS are not new files but edited files.

Malware Defender Rules file
    Look n Stop Rules file
    Browser Bookmarks file

These files are changed regularly. I have purchased the Pro version from you
    so I hope one day in the very near future I can retire from having to push the "Save Files" button every time I reboot and shut down.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

I can't say at the moment that the very next build will have an update to include automated saving in the File Manager, but it is included in the current list of working priorities.

I should know more by the end of this week or next depending on the results of the internal pre-release testing.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.