"File is a directory" error in IZArc

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dw426, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Okay, so, I'm using IZArc as my archiving program. I'm very confused as I have a .zip file full of .jpg files that I am trying to extract and view. When I attempt this, I get the following error: "File is a Directory: C\Users\My name\AppData\Local\Temp\ARCD0FC\Name of file". All other archive files, even those with images have no such issue, and I checked to see if these files were a different file type than what they were listed as. I'm not very sure what is happening here, and a Google search for such an error message is pulling up completely irrelevant results for me.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

some guesses: are the files in some folder and do both files and folders have a long name when combined? can you change the option not to extract in to original folder. empty temp folders. try WinRar just for this archive

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

No long names, no. But, WinRar worked like a charm, so thank you. This isn't the first time WinRar has handled a file IZArc couldn't, so I think after a long absence away, I'm returning back to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.