File/Folder Tool - Do you know this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ragzarok, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

Hello,
    I have some files and folders I'd like to manipulate en masse. I would like to take directory and dump all the files contained in the folders that are in that directory in one place...
    For example...I have folder A which contains folders B, C, and D, which in turn contain files b1, b2, c1, c2, d1, d2...etc...I'd like to be able to move all the b's, c's, and d's to folder A.
    Is there a software that can manipulate this ?

Thanks.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You could use the comand line, write a few BASIC scripts.
    Cheers,
    Mrk

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Can't you just open two instances of Explorer and Cut / Paste them?

...screamer

4. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I would say do a file search in folder A - search for *.* which would find all file names, and all file extensions (every file in the directory and sub directories) Then when you get the results window (all your files should show up) right click and select all,then cut. Next, make yourself a new folder wherever, and right click the new folder and select paste- you'll have all the files from folder A and subdirectories, inside that new folder. That's the way i've always done it.

hope that helps out :p

5. Ragzarok

Ragzarok Registered Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your replies. Your solutions would suffice if I only had to do that once or twice...but I have to perform that action lots of time. Is there no other way?

6. Empath

Empath Registered Member

Piky Basket 2.0 is something I've found useful for such activity. It resides in your context menu and is available easily whenever needed.

7. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

Not sure if its quite what you need but I use TeraCopy - it allows you to queue up files to copy.

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I been using this for what seems like an eternity. Attaches to your right click menu and gives you the BROWSE option to either Copy or completely MOVE files to the desired folder. Reg file, so copy/paste code inside the box below to notepad, save as ALL FILES, and name it copy.reg or whatever you like. Click the reg file and Presto!, you now can at-will transfer files whereever you deem favorable easily from the convenience of a mouse button press.

Hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.