File/Folder Owner Permissions

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Thelps, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Thelps

Thelps Registered Member

Can anyone explain the File/Folder owner permissions/accounts found under Properties > Security > Advanced > Change > Advanced > Find Now ?

I've asked this all over the place but so far only got a very cryptically worded Microsoft document that didn't clearly explain what these accounts/profiles/(not sure of the technical term) do.

Once again, my focus is keeping my computer, its contents and its activities private and unobservable.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Not sure what you are asking. When you get to the "Find Now" button clicking it will display a list of the accounts available on your PC/Domain. The main purpose of this is to add an account and assign permissions to it to allow or deny a user/group. I don't understand specifically what you are trying to do.

3. Thelps

Thelps Registered Member

It's basically always the same question with me:

I'm on a Small Office / Home Office network and I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing with my computer or anyone to trace my computer's activities back to me.

I'm concerned these accounts could be used to gain remote access to the contents of the computer's HDD.

I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing on my computer, or what I'm doing with it. I don't want my work stolen. It's why I'm using a computer.

4. Thelps

Thelps Registered Member

Bumping the thread. Original post keeps it specific.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.