File backup program on exit

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by SourMilk, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Hi all,
    I am looking for a file backup program for a few files that change daily. I would like for the program to automatically run at the exit of Windows 7 64 bit. I've been copying and pasting by hand and am pretty sure there is a backup program that will do this without my intervention. If you know of one, please reply. Free would be nice also :) .

SourMilk out

2. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I know the paid version of SyncBackSE can do this but am not sure if the free version can. BTW - SyncBackSE uses task scheduler which makes it very easy to set your preferences for time, if user is logged on, whether or not to wake the computer, etc. In theory, any backup program that uses task scheduler will be able to do this for you.

3. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Thanks for the advice InfinityAz. SyncBack free can indeed do what I want but it is loaded for big game. I just need to shoot a little rabbit :D. I found a simpler sync program that might fit my needs. I think I will try PureSync first and if it can't do what I want it to do, I will move up to the more powerful SyncBack.

All the best this New Year,
    SourMilk out

4. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Can consider Super Flexible File Synchronizer (not free) too.*puppy*

One of the features :-

Includes a scheduler. Schedule the synchronization of your data on a backup hard disk at a convenient time each day, or as frequently as you wish. You can also schedule profiles to run upon shutdown or log-off. On Windows NT/2000 or higher, the scheduler can run as a service - without users having to log on.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  5. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.